Natallia Hunik sits down with Andrew Saks McLeod of Finance Feeds in London to discuss how FX liquidity access has changed for the retail FX aggregators.
Topics discussed included:
1. Why retail FX aggregators lost access to Tier 1 Prime Brokers?
2. How retail FX brokers source liquidity nowadays?
3. How much flow on average do retail FX brokers STP to the market?
4. What is the outlook for the future?
Natallia sits down with Andrew Saks McLeod in London to discuss how FX regulatory landscape is reshaping with implementation of Mifid 2.
The following benefits of RTS27/28 for the brokers are discussed :
– Ability for the retail investors to verify if their broker practices what they preach. Many brokers claim they are sending the flow to the market, whereas in reality they are serving as a counterparty to those trades as demonstrated by their RTS27/28 reports
Hedge fund performance over the past decade has not been that impressive in general, however, currency hedge funds have taken a particularly strong beating.The FX market has proved disappointing to lots of investors in the years since the 2008 financial crisis, when the world’s biggest central banks launched stimulus programs to help breathe life into struggling economies.
Planning your exit strategy for your fx brokerage is an important consideration that certainly crosses entrepreneur’s mind several years into the business. As we currently in the consolidation wave across the industry, and topic of M&A in FX has been a popular one behind the close doors, as well as in the media.
In this session, that was held during Finance Magnates London Summit 2018, Natallia Hunik and Demetris Tsingis dive deeper into the topic of Mergers and Acquisitions in the FX industry and talk about FX brokerage valuation methods and what assets hold the most value, how to improve your company value in the marketplace and what multiples can you expect when selling your brokerage company.